Monday, March 4, 2013

Sometimes You Need a Hand °o° *•._.•* ‘ *•._.•* °o°

Every weekend we have been working on the rummage sale.  This is the BIG one, folks. There is so much stuff on the back porch and in the two car garage, that it is just overwhelming. This is years of hoarding, items that were once for sale in my Ebay store, and just things I had collected that I thought I would use at one time. I have been fairly ruthless about moving things out so that we won't have to move quite so much on moving week.

I have been hounding Mark to help me with it nearly every weekend, but there always seems to be something else that has to be done instead. With Spring quickly approaching, that means summer is only a few short weeks away and rummage sales in summer in Arizona are just not a good idea. We are quickly losing our window of opportunity to hold the sale.

The biggest problem is that we have to wipe everything down, before it can be priced. Arizona is a desert, and dust gathers very quickly. This is going to be quite a large yard sale, so I am counting on bringing in several hundred dollars and that just won't happen with filthy, dirty, dusty items for sale. After spending another two hours on Sunday afternoon with Mark, I finally had a mini-mental breakdown. There is FAR TOO MUCH for only two people to handle.

Let me illustrate with pictures.  This photo is everything that we have cleaned, priced, and organized:

 (click to view it larger)

Nice and neat, ready to be carried out to tables in the front yard, right?


Oh.. except for this:

 
Yeah. that's at least TWICE as much still to be cleaned up and priced.
 
So it was finally time to call in reinforcements... Now we have yet another Saturday afternoon planned, this time with friends coming over ready to dig in deep and get the project off it's feet. This has been such an ordeal that I feel like progress is being held up simply because of the mountain of junk (treasure) that has been in the way. 
 
More updates coming soon. Phase One begins on Saturday at 2pm. Then I'm hoping the sale can occur on the 16th or the 23rd of March.
 


MouseketeerKen and MouseketeerMark

Comments are welcome. Positive feedback encouraged!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment here, Mouseketeers