Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Milestone Markers °o° *•._.•* ' *•._.•* °o°

I recently realized that the time between now and the date of our upcoming move to Central Florida can be very easily marked with the passage of a series of milestones that are fairy evenly spaced out:

  • Our first milestone is my birthday, which is only 14 days away (June 13th). Those 2 weeks will probably pass the fastest, and will feel like the blink of an eye.
 
  • Next will be the 4th of July weekend, which is only 3 weeks after my birthday. It's hard to believe that summer is already here, and in 5 weeks, we will be deep into the heat of it.

  • Next milestone will be Mark's birthday, on July 21, just 2 1/2 weeks after Independence day. We love our birthday celebrations in this family, so those 2 1/2 weeks will also zip past very quickly.

  •  The longest period of time will begin right after Mark's birthday and will last all the way through the month of August. Although my job will really start to ramp up during these weeks because the flu shot season begins...

  • September 10th... the next milestone. This may be the longest time between milestones (7 weeks), but when work is busy I frequently tend to blink my eye and find that 8 hours have passed.

  • Mark is on track to graduate from culinary school just 1 week later, so not only will my hours increase from 40 a week to 60+, we will also be celebrating his success at meeting a life-changing goal, as well as preparing to pack him up for our planned "Phase 1"; moving Mark to Orlando right after graduation.

  • From there, we have to decide exactly when to put the house on the real estate market. My instinct is to list the house as soon as Mark finishes school because we don't know how long it will take to sell, but it might smart to be more conservative and wait until Mark receives a job offer in Florida.

As you may have read in previous blog postings, as soon as the house sells, I put in my notice at work, rent a truck, and then I am on my way to meet up with Mark in Orlando for good! 

Holy cow, when you lay the timeline out that way, it really highlights how LITTLE time we have to prepare!
 
 
 
Comments are welcome. Positive feedback encouraged!

Mouseketeer Ken
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment here, Mouseketeers