Thursday, April 12, 2012

How did we come up with the great idea to move to Florida? (PART 2) °o° *•._.•* ' *•._.•* °o°

“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.”
– Walt Disney

HOW DID WE COME UP WITH THE GREAT IDEA TO MOVE TO FLORIDA?

Part 2

The idea to “move to Disney” came the next weekend, but it felt like a real “duh” moment.  For a solid year Mark and I had been talking about Colorado being the place to relocate to because we both want a change of scenery and a fresh start in a new location. We are both “done” with Phoenix, Arizona, as it were.  I have a life-long friend who lives near Colorado Springs who loves the area and was willing to show us the town so she suggested we visit sometime when the winter snow had cleared away.

I was looking forward to seeing my friend.  However, the next day at work I was sitting idle at my desk before the busy part of the day was to begin. As I have done in the past, I was fantasizing about the notion of being able to go to the park every day if I so chose. Sigh...  if only I lived near the park.

It didn't come yet. 

On my lunch break that afternoon, I was web surfing through a very informative website called www.city-data.com.  This site compiles a great deal of information about whatever city you might be interested in researching.  I decided to research a bit about Denver, Colorado, since Mark and I were considering it as a place to live, and compare the stats to Phoenix.  While I was clicking through various links, it occurred to me to look up the area of Florida that Disney World is in just for fun.  Click. Click. Click.  Pause.

Duh.  There was my moment.  Can you smell the wood burning?

Suddenly everything on my mind was Orlando, Orlando, Orlando, and a key thought continued to play in my head like the Small World theme song: “If we are going to start over by moving to a new state, why are we not moving closer to Disney? Denver looks nice, but moving there would be like moving to Phoenix all over again."
And the thought that sealed the deal was that if we moved to Colorado Springs, we would be no closer to realizing the life-long fantasy of being a Disney World annual pass holder!

Comments are welcome.  Positive feedback encouraged!

Mouseketeer Ken 

 _     _
( ).-.( )
 `(   )`
   '-'

1 comment:

  1. I find that once you have that initial light bulb moment solutions will start to appear, a path is made. Your thoughts don't become things, they are things. When we experience a light bulb moment, it changes our body chemistry. We gain more focus. The light bulb moment came along just when you needed it before the big move to the wrong city! I experience light bulb moments very often. It really puts things in focus and clears away the obstacles. I'm very grateful to experience them whenever possible. I feel for most people, they are afraid to act upon these moments of clarity which would allow them to make simple or major life changes.
    posted by: Sweetmouse

    ReplyDelete

comment here, Mouseketeers